A soup that’s loaded with nutrients and vegetables, and can work as a main dish in a meal that keeps you satiated.
Cooking Time: 40 mins
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1½ pounds broccoli, chopped
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 6 cups Vegetable-Seaweed Stock (or Chicken Stock)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart pot over medium heat.
- Add the leek and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Then add the broccoli, mushrooms, stock, and thyme.
- Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the fresh herbs.
- Purée the soup in the pot using an immersion blender, or carefully transfer the soup to a blender and purée in batches.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- Freeze soup in widemouthed quart or pint jars, if desired.
Eczema treatment that works. Personalized health coaching for eczema, affordable and accessible worldwide.